Stained Glass Project
We are updating the stained glass in the church! I’ll try to update this post regularly to note our progress. For the remaining glass in the sanctuary there are two parts, the side windows and the Ascension scene.
If you would like to give, you could write a check or give with a debit card online (click here). Be sure to note “stained glass” in the “optional note” section. Also include contact information if you want a giving receipt for tax purposes. Thank you for your support!
The side windows:
- The total cost of the side widows will be $12,000.
- So far we’ve raised (in cash or pledged) $3,500
- What we still need: $8,500
- The side windows will be the same pattern and color scheme as the front entry windows (see below for pics)
NOTE: There will be space for twelve memorials or dedications on these windows. If you’d like to dedicate a window to someone, contact the church for details.
The Ascension window:
- The total cost will be about $25,000
- That includes glass, metal work to suspend it, and installation.
- We have not raised any money for this yet
- It will go at the front of the sanctuary, about where the cross is now, just above the baptismal pool (which will still be functional).
- This is a large window. The Christ figure will stand about 6 ft. tall.
What we’ve done so far:
- We have already paid for the entry way to be completed. Some of it is in and the rest will go in soon. Here are some pictures of the progress (you’ll also note that the floor changed in the midst of this).
- The artisans doing this fine work are the Powers brothers from Power’s Stained Glass.